Thursday, March 4, 2010

What do I wear in bed? Why, Chanel No. 5, of course.--MM

There's no one better to look at than Marilyn Monroe. That's not to say she's the most beautiful woman in the world (even though she is). It's not because she had the best clothes. It's not because her hair was always perfect even when it wasn't. And it's not because her smile was/is contagious. It's just because.
I've wanted to be everything: an actress, a singer, a teacher, a writer, an events planner, a cop, a lawyer, a chef. When I was a little girl I thought about how I might look on stage as Juliet Capulet or which Cyndi Lauper song I would cover on my debut album. I used to sit and think about all the ways I could make a songs words flow better, or make a story sound less redundant. I wondered how I could prove that the bad guy wasn't who they thought it was or how I would decorate Britney and Justin's wedding cake. I loved how my handwriting looked on the whiteboard and how much fun it was to plan parties and sleepovers.
I've never really tried very hard to be any of those things, though. Sure I chose certain majors, auditioned for plays and toured culinary schools. But never really solidified a specific goal.
Today I decided that's OK. Today I decided all I really want to be is fabulous. No matter what I chose to DO, that doesn't make me who I AM.
And I think I'll do that while wearing my Chanel No. 5 just like Marilyn did.

No comments:

Post a Comment